Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3 + 1 = 4






On January 2, 2009 (exactly 22 months after our first precious little girl was entrusted to us) God gave us another sweet blessing...



Finley Noel






She was born at 12:03pm (a 6 minute delivery...by c-section), weighing 6 lbs. 9 oz., and measuring 19 1/2 inches long






When I say "sweet blessing" I truly mean it! She has been nothing short of content, joyful, patient, and just plain easy from the moment she entered our lives. I feel so blessed and am SO grateful!! She rarely cries, eats well, adores her big sister (who by the way is SO amazing with her and her addition to our family :) ), is healthy, beautiful, and best of all...sleeps through the night (10-11 hours) at just 4 months, started this at 3 months, and has really always been a good sleeper since the day she was born. Now, I know this might be more of the norm than I think, but our first did not sleep through the night until 9/10 months, so it is a HUGE blessing to us!

just after delivery, in our hospital room.
Such joy and excitement...the only thing missing is Big Sister...


...who was sick at home. :( But being well taken care of by Nana and BaBa!





During the first few weeks we definitely had to do some adjusting, but Jonathan and I agree that the transition of 1-2 has been a million times easier for us than the transition of 0-1.



Our beloved family of 3, has turned into an overjoyed family of 4!! Can't wait to share more updates and looks back at what we've missed over the past 5 months...

1 comment: