Sunday, October 4, 2009

Potty Trained...

Our precious, Big Girl Presley Kate that is!!!

She has actually been potty trained fully for about a month now(we started the month before she was 2 1/2...29 months), but as you probably know I'm terrible at blogging these days! Anyhow, we are SO proud of her and after the first few days it was really a fairly easy process that took about a month to perfect.

Okay, so back to the first few days...they were really bad and I definitely wanted to give up, but the fear of having to revisit them again made me keep pushing on (they were filled with temper tantrums almost anytime the word "potty" was mentioned, several accidents, and many tears (esp. by mommy); however, once we got to about day 4 or 5, things really started to turn around...no more crying fits about going, accidents were minimal, and mommy was much more encouraged. I definitely think the keys were CONSISTENCY, PATIENCE, and LOVE (even though it was tough sometimes). I would still put a pull-up on her when we went out, but she would usually always stay dry, even at church. Then towards the end of the month, she began telling me when she had to go which made things that much easier!

Now she wears big girl panties at all times, except for sleeping (but always wakes up dry from naps), will tell me every time she needs to go and specifically what she needs to do when she gets there ("tee-tee" or "poo-poo"), and has probably only had 1-2 accidents since that first month. I am amazed at how far she came, so quickly...it's like it just clicked and it wasn't as bad as she had thought it would be...I'm so grateful and so, so proud of her! It definitely has saved us a ton of money on diapers and wipes, but going out in public still grosses me out a little (but I'm not sure that will ever change)... and I'll just choose to ponder on all the positives! :) YAY for Presley!

No comments:

Post a Comment