Finley is officially a walker!!
She's been cruising along things for some while, but a couple of weeks ago she began taking a few steps here and there to get from one thing to another, and then 2 days before Thanksgiving she took 15 steps across the kitchen and hasn't turned back since. It is now her main means of transportation. It seems so crazy to see her walking around everywhere...I don't know if it's because she seems so little compared to Presley running everywhere or she literally is just much younger than Presley was when she began walking (13 1/2 months). Anyhow, they are so precious playing together and Presley definitely loves being the big sister to hold her hand when she's trying to step over/up something or when she needs to be told not to get into something she can't play with.
Also, this past month or so has been marked with some pretty painful nights and days for Finley's poor little mouth, as she has gotten 4 more teeth (the 2 beside her bottom 2 that she already had and her top front 2)... and the 2 beside her front top 2 look like they will break through any day now. So all together she has 6 teeth with 2 more coming any day now.
In other news...Finley seems to be weaning herself, but has not wanted to drink straight whole milk (I've tried it in bottle, sippy cup, mixed it with drinkable yogurt, but none of those worked), so I have been mixing 1/2 breast milk and 1/2 whole milk in a bottle (which I don't know why I didn't think of to begin with) and she has been taking it well the past couple of days. Yay! I know she's not quite a year, but I figure she will be in less than a month, so I might as well jump to milk rather than formula. I guess we're kind of rule breakers because we've also already turned her around in her car seat too...and she's LOVING it!! We went to Cuero for Thanksgiving, and we decided our long drive down there would be much more pleasant if we just went ahead and turned her around. We were right! Presley is such a great car rider and Finley has been pretty good, but she definitely loves being able to see everything much better and doesn't want someone to get her out, like she was doing.
We have been so busy already with the holidays here (and it doesn't look like that's changing anytime soon), but we had such a great Thanksgiving in Cuero with Jonathan's family and I'm really excited for Christmas this year with both girls and both our families! Hopefully more updates to come soon...
A Year Later
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment